Gamers Helping Gamers out

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Crazy GPU Prices

  This is just the beginning of Gamers Gone Crazy for GPU's!

With the shortage and crazy skyrocketing prices, it makes it very difficult for any serious gamer to purchase a good machine that won't cause his/her's parents to sell the family car!  I've come up with some good ideas, and although it may not work immediately, try these things:

  • 1st of all, I highly recommend going to UserBenchMark and look at many different types of GPUs, or Graphic Processor Units.  I, personally like EVGA/Nvidia's, but there are many out there in the market.
  • Look and test to see what ones work, and work for your game.  For example, if you play Fortnite, like me, I got a 1660 EVGA card, before it tripled in prices.  Now, when I purchased it, I had no idea that was going to happen.  I upgraded from an older 750ti card, which is good for most games, but for higher performance games like Fortnite, COD, and many others, you need high-performance cards.  And, to let you know, at this moment, I do NOT have an RTX3080 card, but I will get one someday.
  • After you do some homework, you will find out that even cards like the 1650 Super card are fabulous for playing, so is the AMD 480.  You don't have to spend $2,000 on a card to have enjoyment in games.
Sometimes you can get some good deals at Amazon. Click Below:



 
So, after you do some homework this is the hard part.  Because sales aren't all the time, BUT, they do happen, and I scout out sales like a Hawk.  I'm kind of a Gamer Hawk, because I love the high performance, and I don't like to pay scalper prices.  I wait.

Sometimes NewEgg even has some great things going on, like their NewEgg Shuffle happens where you can get discounted parts, or(Someone mentioned) Free GPU's!  I can't verify that 100%, but I did read it.

OK, let's get to the point:  You can buy a gaming computer for the same price as a video card, sometimes!  YES!  It's true, and I've done it, well, ok, maybe the 1650Super card wasn't worth $550, but it's surely worth at least $300 on the market!  Plus, the other components were an ATX board with an i5-10400f on it, with 8gb of memory(yes, it can be upgradable), the crazy thing is it had a lousy 350-watt PSU, but it's working just fine.  I took out the card, gave it to my son, and he's able to continue with his gaming.  Not going to do that next time!  I'm going to use it for something else, like ME!  I found out the deals through SlickDeals; ever hear of it?  You should know it because that's where I find all of my good deals at.

Just yesterday, Woot! had a deal on MSI computers, and it went fast!  Now, that was kind of a rare find, but it can happen.

Heck, if you find a good deal on Slick Deals or Woot!  You can just use that computer!   I guess if you have a really nice computer that you built, and you just want to upgrade it, it would be worth it.  Then, heck, sell the other computer to your sister.  Nah, just joking!

I will be posting new ideas on what you can do to get your game on.  As new ideas come up, I will be more than happy to share them with you; hey, it's one gamer to another, right?

Here's another site that I found that you may like, it's PCGaming on Quora

I have a headache!  I think it's time to go on vacation!  LOL

If you like websites, or in need on one, consider BlueHost:  They're really cheap, and provide great service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BTS at McDonalds! Holy Moly!

OK, to get started, just to let you know, that I have a link, and if you go there, to purchase BTS gear, there's a discount for your ord...